Business licences, approvals and consents

Many business activities require a consent, a licence or a permit from the Council.

If you would like to find out if your project/activity needs a consent, licence or permit, please contact us.

Residential swimming and spa pools

All in-ground residential pools must have compliant pool barriers to keep young children safe. This includes some spas and temporary pools.

Hairdressers and barbers

Hairdressing is controlled by the Health (Hairdressers) Regulations 1980. These cover the premises in which hairdressers operate and the licences that are required.

Psychoactive substances

A license from Psychoactive Substances Regulatory Authority (PSRA) must be held in order to sell approved products.

Hazardous substances

Everyday products such as paints, cleaners, and batteries can actually pose a hazard to our health and environment.

Easter Sunday trading hours

Rules about trading on Easter Sunday are set by law under the Shop Trading Hours Act 1990.