Licensed premises within the Christchurch District Licensing Committee area must have developed a written Host Responsibility Plan. This plan, often referred to as a house policy, should be made available to all staff and displayed in some form for both customers and staff.
The elements of a host responsibility policy are:
- serve alcohol responsibly
- provide and promote alternatives, such as low and non-alcoholic beverages
- provide and promote an appropriate food selection
- identify and appropriately deal with underage drinking
- identify and appropriately deal with customers who are intoxicated
- arrange safe transport options
- educate and train staff in host responsibility practices.