A schedule of fees relating to alcohol licensing applications and renewals.
All application fees are for processing of an application and are non-refundable, they must be paid when you apply for your licence or certificate.
When preparing your alcohol licensing applications please make sure you use the latest version of the forms. Using out-of-date forms may delay the assessment of your application and risk your application being returned as incomplete.
Payments can be made by cash, cheque, or EFTPOS. For other payment options please contact directly a Technical Officer in the Alcohol Licensing Team to discuss and for more information. Phone 03 941 8999 or email email@example.com.
- Regulations set most fees. However, any fees set by Council may be subject to annual review, and any changes take effect on 1 July each year.
- The fees vary depending on the cost/risk rating of each premise based on the style of licence, hours and enforcements in the last 18 months.
- We can only process your applications once we have both the Proof of Payment of fees and the required paperwork (application form and required documents).
- As banks are phasing cheques out, we will no longer be able to accept payments by cheque after 30 April 2021. Please consider using alternative payment methods.
The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 brought in a risk-based fee regime. The regime has been designed to:
- Recover all costs of the licensing system.
- Allocate costs more fairly across the industry.
- Provide territorial authorities with flexibility to respond to local conditions.
- Establish fair and pragmatic transitional arrangements.
- Minimise alcohol-related harm to the extent that is possible and reasonable through a cost recovery fees regime.