We encourage you to talk with us early about transition arrangements. For example, annual fees will still be due on the existing licence until a new licence is issued.
Your temporary authority application should be lodged at least 15 working days before the takeover date. You cannot sell alcohol until the temporary authority has been issued.
Lodge your application as early as possible before the takeover date. If all relevant information is received and the Inspector and Police have no objection, a temporary authority normally can be issued within that 10-day period.
Please read the checklist on the form to make sure you include all the extra documents we need with your application. Incomplete applications will be returned.
For assignment of any existing Council footpath leases for the business included under the existing licence, please contact the Council's property leasing team directly to arrange.
A temporary authority is normally issued for three months. A temporary authority cannot be issued to a club.
Documents required with your application are:
- Proof of your tenure/right to occupy, including proof of assignment of any Council leased footpath areas covered under the existing licence.
- Proof of ownership of the business. Either:
- a sale and purchase agreement for the property, or
- a signed copy of the lease, or
- evidence of the right to occupy, such as a written deed of assignment or letter of intent from the building owner