It opened in 1878 and is still open for casket and ash burials.
Little River Cemetery is located adjacent to St Andrews Church just outside Little River.
The cemetery is surrounded by exotic and native vegetation and has open views out to the Little River Valley and the foothills.
The cemetery is laid out in a grid with wide mown paths and has a variety of headstones from typical Victorian period with upright stone headstones to more recent granite and stone memorial styles many of them with covered concrete covers.
A local cemetery with many family plots and strong connections to past and present communities.