Project 8011 is our residential programme for the Central City. Its purpose is to encourage more people to make the Central City their home.
By making the Central City a compelling place to live, work and play, we aim to draw in thousands of people from all walks of life and build upon its growing vibrancy. As we know, thriving neighbourhoods and strong communities are at the heart of some of the world's greatest cities.
The Central City already offers an effective infrastructure and plenty of exceptional reasons to live here. What we need now is a greater demand for Central City living, and more homes of varying type and size.
We’re working together with our partners, developers, landowners and public agencies across a range of activities to make it happen. Our success relies on factors such as:
- Public and private investment.
- Feasibility of development.
- Improving the potential of local areas for housing purposes.
- Developers connecting with buyers to generate housing projects and create sales.
- Creation of jobs, services, facilities and attractions in the Central City to give people reasons to consider living here.
Our six key goals
These goals are inter-related, and overlap and support each other:
- More people - increasing the number and demographic of people living in the Central City.
- Housing choice - creating a range of housing choices that meet the needs of a diverse range of people.
- Highly liveable neighbourhoods - developing local communities that attract and retain residents.
- Encourage delivery - reducing the risks of development and improving feasibility.
- Support delivery - ensuring effective support and advice is provided to and used by Central City housing developers.
- Accelerate delivery - ensuring the delivery of Central City housing is accelerated and sustained.
Got a question or want to know more?
Get in touch. If you have development interests in the Central City or would just like to know more about Project 8011, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org