Subscribe to our consent newsletters or read the latest building consent, resource consents or subdivision bulletin news.
Resource consents newsletters
Subscribe to the Resource Consents newsletter
- 3 August 2023:(external link) General update on processing timeframes.
- 26 July 2023(external link): Environment Court releases final rules on Plan Change 4 short-term accommodation.
- 13 March 2023(external link): Planning pre-application advice service resumes; updates to floor-level requirements.
- 23 February 2023:(external link) Update on PC13 and PC14, including status of proposed rules and MDRS.
- 21 September 2022:(external link) Update on Proposed Plan Change 14 that Council decided not to notify on 13 September.
- 13 September 2022: Council voted against notifying the Proposed Plan Change 14 Medium Density Residential Standards (MDRS). You can read more about their decision on Newsline(external link).
- August 2022:(external link) Getting ready to apply new Medium Density Residential Standards (MDRS).
- July 2022:(external link) An update on New Medium Density Residential Standards - Notice of updated timeline(external link).
- April 2022(external link): New Manager Resource Consents, Plan change towards more intensive housing.
- November 2021(external link): Consent processing delay update.
- October 2021:(external link) Subdivisions update: engineering, NES for greenfield subdivisions, easements over reserves and A&I forms.
- June 2021:(external link) Multi-unit developments, billboards and processing consistency.
- March 2020:(external link) ESCP and TMP conditions updated, have your say on the draft DC policy.
- October 2020:(external link) Road naming and property numbering.
- September 2020:(external link) RMA changes.
- August 2020:(external link) High Flood Hazard Management Area, ground-level information and DC payments for subdivisions.
- December 2019: (external link)Character areas and stormwater approvals.
- April 2019: (external link)Site coverage exemptions, urban design certification, multi-unit developments, plan changes and timeframe tips.
- September 2018:(external link) Living space windows, sensitive activities near roads and railways and common omissions from plans.
- June 2018: [PDF, 357 KB] Hill site applications, floor level certificate expiry and recession plane exemptions.
- March 2018: [PDF, 166 KB] Draft conditions and return of incomplete applications.
Go Ahead newsletters
Subscribe to the Go Ahead newsletter
- Bulletin 27 - February 2016 [PDF, 71 KB]: Wastewater Capacity Certificates
- Bulletin 26 - September 2014 [PDF, 72 KB]: Quality check procedures for as-built CCTV inspections
- Bulletin 23.2 - May 2013 [PDF, 152 KB]: Geotechnical assessment to satisfy section 106 RMA matters
- Bulletin 22 - October 2009 [PDF, 104 KB]: Proposed easements over land that will vest in Council as reserve
- Bulletin 21 - August 2009 [PDF, 197 KB]: The interim global stormwater consent (with flow charts and checksheets)
- Bulletin 20 - July 2009 [PDF, 598 KB]: Removal of trees protected as a condition of subdivision consent
- Bulletin 19 - August 2008 [PDF, 32 KB]: Authorisation for utilities and reticulation on subdivision and development
- Bulletin 18 - April 2008 [PDF, 41 KB]: Updates and incorporates SB7, SB13 and SB17
- Bulletin 16 - September 2007 [PDF, 129 KB]: Surface water management (discharge consent compliance)
- Bulletin 15 - June 2007 [PDF, 40 KB]: Subdivision consent application plans and documents, water supply pipeline installation
- Bulletin 12 - October 2006 [PDF, 26 KB]: Vehicle crossing requirements
- Bulletin 11 - October 2006 [PDF, 43 KB]: Digital photographic requirements, protected trees
Note: Superseded Bulletins are not included in this list.