A schedule of fees relating to alcohol licensing applications and renewals.
All application fees are for the processing of an application, require an invoice and are non-refundable. They must be paid when you apply for your licence or certificate.
When preparing your alcohol licensing applications please make sure you use the latest version of the forms downloaded from this website. Using out-of-date forms may delay the assessment of your application and risk your application being returned as incomplete.
You can submit all application documents (except for a new on/off/club licence which requires a lodgement meeting) online and you will then be emailed an invoice for payment.
You will need to have an invoice from us before you can make your payment. Payments can be made by cash, EFTPOS or credit card at a service desk or by internet banking. Internet banking payment account and reference details can be found on your invoice.
You will need to provide proof of payment that includes confirmation of the payment details (e.g. a screenshot of the completed transaction). If you have any questions about your invoice please phone 03 941 8999 and ask to speak to an alcohol licensing technical officer or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Regulations set most fees. However, any fees set by Council may be subject to annual review, and any changes take effect on 1 July each year.
- The fees vary depending on the cost/risk rating of each premise based on the style of licence, hours and enforcements in the last 18 months.
- We can only process your applications once we have both the Proof of Payment of fees and the required paperwork (application form and required documents).
- We no longer accept payments by cheque.
The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 brought in a risk-based fee regime. The regime has been designed to:
- Recover all costs of the licensing system.
- Allocate costs more fairly across the industry.
- Provide territorial authorities with flexibility to respond to local conditions.
- Establish fair and pragmatic transitional arrangements.
- Minimise alcohol-related harm to the extent that is possible and reasonable through a cost recovery fees regime.
- Please refer to the summary sheet of all fees information [PDF, 98 KB].
- Please see the March 2021 Tri-Agency Newsletter which has updates on changes in payment options (including phasing out of cheques) and new options on how to submit your application documents online.