Every three years we review our 10-year plan where we outline our priorities, our projects and how we propose to pay for it all. Christchurch City Council adopted the 2018-2028 Long Term Plan on 26 June 2018.
Thanks again to everyone who helped shape our city’s future by giving feedback on our draft Long Term Plan 2018-28. The final version of the Long Term Plan is now available below.
This includes a document showing what changed from the draft version to the final, following public feedback.
Long Term Plan volume 1 [PDF, 7.6 MB]
- Cover and contents [PDF, 467 KB]
- Mayors introduction, Partnership with Mana Whenua, Auditors report [PDF, 1.9 MB]
- We listened: Changes from draft to final [PDF, 670 KB]
- Financial overview [PDF, 493 KB]
- Funding impact statement [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- Financial prudence benchmarks [PDF, 843 KB]
- Community outcomes [PDF, 176 KB]
- Activities and services [PDF, 1.3 MB], see Service plans
- Capital programme [PDF, 330 KB]
- Financial statements [PDF, 1.1 MB].
- Cover and contents [PDF, 463 KB]
- Significance and engagement policy [PDF, 677 KB]
- Revenue financing and rating policies [PDF, 1.6 MB]
- Treasury risk management policy [PDF, 885 KB]
- Council controlled organisations [PDF, 427 KB]
- Fees and charges for 2018/19 (GST inclusive 15%) [PDF, 709 KB]
- Development of Maori capacity to contribute to Council decision making processes [PDF, 333 KB]
- Variation between assessment of services and the services in the long term plan [PDF, 317 KB]
- Reserves and trust funds [PDF, 312 KB]
- Capital endowment fund. [PDF, 250 KB]
We asked a range of people what's important to them and what they care about most. Here's what they said.
Repairing our roads and pipes remains a high priority. We also need to keep the city running, and provide our libraries, recreation centres and events you all love.
Service plans were developed and adopted by Council as part of the Long Term Plan process.