Voting papers for the Coastal ward councillor by-election have been mailed out to all enrolled Coastal electors from 16 September. If you don't receive any voting papers by 21 September, you can request a special vote. There are many reasons you could cast a special vote, including:
- your name does not appear on the final electoral roll, but you qualify as an elector
- you have chosen to put your name on the unpublished (confidential) roll
- you have moved since the electoral roll was compiled (and have lived at your new residential address for one month or more)
- you spoilt, lost or did not receive your ordinary voting document
- you will be away from your residential address during the voting period
- you are eligible to vote for some positions in the elections as a ratepayer elector (for a property you own but do not live in)
You will need to complete a statutory declaration when you cast a special vote. This is a legal requirement to protect voters against possible duplicate voting. The statutory declaration will be provided to the person casting a special vote, along with a special voting paper and candidate information booklet.
Where can I get my special voting documents?
Special voting documents for the 2021 Coastal ward councillor by-election are now available.
A polling place for the issue of special voting documents and for the receipt of completed voting documents is available Monday to Friday at the following locations between Thursday 16 September 2021 and midday on Friday 8 October 2021:
- The Council’s Civic Offices, 53 Hereford Street, Christchurch, Monday to Friday 9am–5pm.
- Shirley Library and Service Centre (Customer Services Desk), 36 Marshland Road, Shirley
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- By contacting the Electoral Officer on 03 941 8581 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get special
voting papers posted to you.
All completed voting documents must be returned by midday on Friday 8 October 2021.
If you have any questions about special voting, please contact Electoral Officer Jo Daly on 03 941 8581 or email@example.com