The latest news on the Canterbury Multi-Use Arena (CMUA).
Latest update – Monday 10 August
- The Minister for Greater Christchurch Regeneration, Megan Woods, has signed off the Outline Plan for the CCRP amendment relating principally to CMUA noise. This is an important first formal step on the programme.
- The CMUA funding agreement between the Crown and Council is being finalised.
- Council staff are about to undertake discussions with stakeholders focused on reviewing the fundamentals of the investment case, and the economic and commercial cases.
- Work continues on the Design & Construction procurement strategy.
- Tonkin & Taylor is scoping up the decontamination contract, which will include some Three Waters scope due to the nature of some pipe materials.
- Due to contamination issues and the extent of wastewater pipe replacement required in Madras St, the Three Waters scope is being split and a Council decision is required.
- Vodafone fibre hauling in the west of the site is now complete. Cutovers will start in the coming weeks, with works on the east section to follow.
- A topographic survey has been undertaken of the cleared site. The drone also provided video footage and stills available for presentations.
Recent news and announcements