Make a Plan
The plan should be made with all members in your household and you should let family and close friends know about your plan so they know where and how to contact you if you need to leave your home.
When making your plan, think about what you would do if:
- You were stuck at home for three days or more
- You couldn't get home
- You had to evacuate your home
- You had no power
- You had no water
- You had no phone (or internet)
Make sure you also think about people that may have special requirements, and your pets.
During an emergency, you can get updates from:
This website or our online news channel Newsline(external link).
Local Radio Stations:
- RNZ National Radio - 101.7 FM or 675 AM
- The Hits - 97.7 FM or 96.5 FM
- Newstalk ZB - 100.1 FM or 1098 AM
- More FM - 92.1 FM, 94.9 FM or 99.1 FM
- Magic - 99.3 FM or 738 AM
- The Breeze - 94.5 FM
- Plains FM - 96.9 FM
Visit GetReady(external link) for more information to start making your plan.