Situated on the corner of Wades and Wilsons Roads, this modern multi-function facility offers a warm, welcoming space for a variety of activities. With a high pitched ceiling and glass sliding doors, the hall can be split into two for smaller gatherings.
Booking and enquiries
For hiring requests and information contact us online(external link) or call 03 941 8999.
You must be over the age of 18 to hire a Council facility.
St Martins Community Centre has the following capacities:
The room can be split into two individual spaces if required.
Availability and access
Hours of hire
- 8am to 10pm, seven days a week.
- Fully accessible, ramp at the front of the building.
- Accessible toilet.
- Off-street parking for three vehicles (access off Wade Road).
- Plenty of on-street parking on Wades and Wilsons Road adjacent to the community centre.
The below pricing is valid until 30 June 2024.
- $15.00 per hour for not-for-profit community groups where the booking is for community benefit and does not charge attendees.
- $24.00 per hour for not-for-profit community groups where the booking is for a community group and charges fees or takes payment.
- $38.00 per hour for commercial, business, private or celebration hire. This includes auctions, meetings, birthdays, weddings, private events, funerals etc.
- $80.00 security charge for bookings where the hire is:
- Booked after 6pm Monday to Friday for 4 hours and longer.
- Booked Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday for 4 hours and longer.
- At the discretion of Council staff and not limited to the events above.
- $189.00 cleaning charge will be invoiced to the hirer if the venue is not left fit for purpose. Additional cleaning charges may apply if required.
- $55.00 replacement charge for lost or damaged keys/access cards.
A security guard will be present from the last hour of the hire to ensure the hirer adheres to the terms and conditions of hire and has made good the community space to the required standard.
Facilities and equipment
- 9 power points (5 in larger room and 4 in the smaller room when space is divided)
- 2 heat pumps, one in each part of the room
- 4 trestle tables
- 35 stacker chairs
- Zip water heater
- Kitchenette with sink and benchtop
- Under bench oven (no cooktop available)
- Some crockery provided
- All hirers are required to supply their own tea towels, washing up cloths, extra crockery, rubbish bags and cleaning liquids
- Cleaning equipment (vacuum cleaner, broom, mop and bucket) are available
Conditions of hire
Health and safety
- As part of the rental agreement, you accept legal responsibility to meet evacuation plans, health and safety responsibilities and to act as the facility warden.
- All users are required to complete a pre-use form. These must then be signed, dated and left in the dropbox in the foyer of the centre.
- The consumption and supply of alcohol is not permitted at this facility.