A neighbourhood walks programme ran in 2020 in order to gauge people’s thoughts and experiences of the different Central City neighbourhoods. Informally, the walks have been an opportunity for people to discover new spaces, talk with each other about Central City living and make connections with like-minded people.
The walks were led by a local resident and were typically attended by other residents and people who are interested in living in the Central City. Nine walks were completed in the Central City.
Learn more about the key reflections and learnings from these walks:
- Central City South summary [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- Inner City East summary [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- Avon/Chester summary [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- Moa summary [PDF, 990 KB]
- Victoria summary [PDF, 1008 KB]
- Inner City West summary [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- Hagley summary [PDF, 1 MB]
- Peterborough summary [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- South East summary [PDF, 1011 KB]
The programme of neighbourhood walks is funded by the Christchurch City Council and organised by Te Putahi(external link).
Information gathered on the walks is being used to help inform neighbourhood planning and the Council’s Central City Residential Programme(external link).
If you are interested in hosting your own walk in your neighbourhood please contact firstname.lastname@example.org