Information for tenants and landlords about renting an earthquake damaged home.

Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE)

Renting a property with earthquake or flood damage

Before renting a property with damage from a natural disaster, you need to consider a few important things.

These include: your ability to get contents insurance, how bad the damage is, if you will need to move out when repairs happen and your rights and responsibilities after you sign a tenancy agreement.
Renting a property with earthquake damage(external link).

Repairs after a natural disaster

If the property you own or live in has been damaged in a natural disaster – such as an earthquake, a storm or a flood – you’ll probably need to deal with repairs.

It’s good to know how to go about this, who’s responsible for what, and what help’s available.
Repairs after a natural disaster(external link).