A CAR is required if you are (but not limited to):
- Digging, drilling, resurfacing, or doing any other activity that will alter, or cause to be altered, the surface of the road corridor
- Placing any pipe, duct, pole, cabinet or other structure below, on or above the road corridor
- Installing a new stormwater drain that leads into the road corridor
- Near or opening manhole access covers.
You don't need a CAR for:
- Vehicle Crossings - find out what you need to apply to construct a vehicle crossing or driveway
- Events - apply for an event permit when planning an event in the road corridor
- Temporary use of legal road – find out what you need when building a new fence / hoardings, skips / containers, or your work site or equipment encroaches onto the road corridor.