A programme of free events that invites local and international thought leaders to share their ideas and inspiration for our city's future.
Christchurch Conversations seeks to inspire and challenge us, engaging local communities and professionals in innovative approaches to city-making.
Events are free and all are welcome. Delivery is in partnership and with the support of sponsors.
For information on the latest series and recordings of previous conversations, visit Te Pūtahi Centre for Architecture and City Making – Christchurch Conversations – Te Pūtahi (teputahi.org.nz)(external link).
Christchurch Conversations have included:
- Creating equitable neighbourhoods with Dr Antwi Akom - November 2020
- Leadership and action in the face of change with the Rt Hon. Helen Clark - August 2019
- Transformation of our built environment with Bill Read - June 2019
- Thriving through placemaking with Ethan Kent - October 2018
- Indigenous identity, design and the city, a panel discussion - March 2018
- Collaborative urbanism with Jason Twill - December 2017
- Creative adaptation in cities with Kristina Hill - July 2017
- Catalysing a new generation of cities with Ryan Gravel - June 2017
- Bold thinking for the red zone, a panel discussion - June 2017
- Vibrant and healthy 8-80 cities with Gil Penalosa - July 2016
- Unlocking long term regeneration with Alan Pert - February 2016
- Happy City with Charles Montgomery - April 2015