Our annual plan for activities, spending and funding for 2020 and 2021.
We've now adopted our revised budget for 2020–21 after the COVID-19 pandemic impacted the Council's finances.
The updated Annual Plan 2020–21 strikes the right balance between keeping rates increases as low as possible while giving the Council enough funding to deliver essential services and to continue investing in our city.
The updated Annual Plan, signed off on Thursday 23 July 2020, provides for a residential rates increase of 2.09 per cent for an average-valued house ($509,608) – which equates to an extra $1.12 a week or $58.09 a week – and an overall rates increase of 3.8 per cent. Public consultation on the plan was carried out in June 2020. More information on the Council decision(external link).
Annual Plan 2020–21 by chapter
- Cover and contents [PDF, 438 KB]
- Acting Mayor's foreword [PDF, 538 KB]
- We listened [PDF, 97 KB]
- Financial overview [PDF, 278 KB]
- Funding impact statement [PDF, 558 KB]
- Financial prudence benchmark [PDF, 275 KB]
- Capital programme [PDF, 295 KB]
- Activities and services [PDF, 608 KB], see Service Plans
- Prospective financial statements [PDF, 511 KB]
- Rates remission policy [PDF, 369 KB]
- Fees and charges [PDF, 798 KB]
- Reserves and trust funds [PDF, 151 KB]
- Capital endowment fund [PDF, 229 KB]
Draft Annual Plan documents
Draft Annual Plan 2020-21 consultation document [PDF, 3.6 MB]
Draft Annual Plan
Draft Annual Plan 2020-21 [PDF, 3.7 MB]
- Cover and contents [PDF, 410 KB]
- Financial overview [PDF, 225 KB]
- Funding impact statement [PDF, 723 KB]
- Rates remission policy [PDF, 203 KB]
- Financial prudence benchmarks [PDF, 256 KB]
- Proposed capital programme [PDF, 302 KB]
- Proposed changes to levels of service [PDF, 410 KB]
- Prospective financial statements [PDF, 448 KB]
- Proposed fees and charges [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- Reserves and trust funds [PDF, 175 KB]
- Capital Endowment Fund [PDF, 157 KB]