26 Nayland Street site in Sumner is now in Christchurch City Council ownership. 20 and 24 Nayland Street are under Crown ownership and these sites can only be considered if the land is transferred into Christchurch City Council ownership.
Things to consider with this site are:
- Only a small area of 26 Nayland Street is suitable for a skate park. Due to the rockfall zone around this park.
- 20/24 Nayland Street is suitable for community orientated activities with rockfall barriers and rock fly mitigation installed.
- A further rock fall assessment report may be required.
- A smaller skate park is the only option for this site.
- There may be asbestos at this site which will need to be removed, which is an additional cost.
- If 20/24 Nayland Street was developed into residential dwellings instead of a space for community orientated activities, this would make the noise assessment for this site unfavourable.