By putting the right stuff in the yellow bin, you’re making it possible for us to recycle. Remember to give your bottles and containers a rinse, make sure they are loose, and put the lids in the red bin. Collected every two weeks.
The right stuff to recycle
The only items that can go in the yellow bin are:
- Clean plastic bottles and containers (3 litres and under) numbered 1 are things like soft drink bottles
- Clean plastics bottles and containers (3 litres and under) numbered 2 are things like milk bottles
- Clean plastic bottles and containers (3 litres and under) numbered 5 are things like family-sized yoghurt and ice cream containers
- Metals: aluminium cans, metal tins or aerosol cans
- Clean glass: clear and coloured glass bottles or jars
- Clean cardboard and paper; newspapers, flattened cardboard boxes
Remember to put lids in the red bin
It's important to put any lids from bottles and containers in the red bin.