Matariki is a time to gather together with friends and whānau to reflect, celebrate and plan for the future. We are excited to announce the return of The Tannery Matariki food market for 2023! Our atrium retailers will open late and from 5pm a collection of popular Christchurch food trucks will take up residence outside the atrium, serving:
- Mouth-watering slow-cooked meat, perfectly paired with tasty sauces from Smoke n Barrel.
- Asian-inspired kiwi classics from The Vagabonds Chefs. Think orient-encrusted, crisped, and spiced. Or slow, smooth, and distinctly southern. The Vagabond Chefs are all about big-world flavours.
- Fresh tacos featuring handmade flour tortillas by the team at Tiki Taco from locally sources fresh ingredients.
Freshly baked waffles from Black Forrest Waffle Hut.
- Downright delicious fried chicken from Empire Chicken.
- Traditional Argentinian BBQ (asado) cooked on an authentic fire-wood grill brought to you by El Quicho.
- Traditional hot baked potatoes baked fresh on site with a variety of fillings and toppings by Spudstop.
- Handcrafted artisan cheese from Whitestone Cheese.
- Satisfy that dessert craving with delectable cakes by Meraki Cakes.
The Atrium will transform into a communal banqueting hall where you can gather with food and beverages to celebrate the Māori New Year with your community, under the majestic fairy lights of the atrium.
We invite you all to enjoy a smorgasbord of foods and flavours, entertainment from local community groups and the warm welcome of The Tannery whānau as we connect with locals and visitors at this special time.