Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Community organisations, social enterprises and businesses can apply to this fund. Preference will be given to Christchurch-based organisations or partnerships involving Christchurch organisations. Generally, applications lead by central, regional or local government organisations will not be considered. Partnerships involving government organisations are acceptable.
- The applicants must be a legal entity registered in New Zealand such as an incorporated society, charitable trust or limited liability company. Individuals seeking funding will need to partner with a legal entity.
- This fund will not support projects principally advancing commercial or personal gain. Proposals must deliver a public good or environmental outcome for Christchurch.
- Only one application per project will be accepted each Council financial year (July to June). Organisations may put forward more than one project in a year.
- This fund is intended to deliver tangible outcomes that benefit Christchurch. Funding will generally not be allocated to projects solely undertaking investigations such as scoping, research or feasibility.
- Applicants should have made all reasonably practicable efforts to secure funding from other sources before applying to this fund.