Recognising that recovery is a long-term process, this fund provides support for community initiatives that improve community safety, participation, inclusion, and social cohesion for communities affected in any way by terror attacks.
Grant applicants are encouraged for initiatives that proactively:
- Support women and/or children.
- Increase people’s sense of safety and wellbeing.
- Increase community participation and empowerment
- Grow the connections between communities and encourage integration.
- Build hope.
Grants tend to be no more than $1,000 per project, though larger grants can be made for projects that demonstrate they will have a large, positive effect and align with the priorities above.
If your project requires more than $1,000 please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lynette on 03 941 6585 before you apply.
What we can't fund
Grants cannot be provided towards:
- Salaries or administration costs.
- Events that have already taken place.
- Regular events that would not typically require grant funding.
- Activities that intend to generate profit.
- The promotion of commercial, political, or religious objectives.
- The purchase of alcohol.