Types of resource consents

Land repair

The Council and Environment Canterbury have worked together to develop a streamlined land repair consent process to help residents carry out land repairs.

Temporary accommodation

Various Resource Management Act rules and processes have been streamlined for businesses and residents relocating to temporary accommodation.

Works on contaminated land

Building and earthworks on contaminated land (HAIL land) may require resource consent from the Council or Environment Canterbury or both.

Global resource consents for repair and rebuild works

Information for contractors, PMOs, and others who need to apply for multiple, similar resource consents.

Minor residential units and family flats

Information about specific planning requirements if you are wanting to build an additional small residential unit on your residential zoned property.