Council, 1 July 2022.
Council has adopted a Revenue and Financing Policy [PDF, 508 KB] in accordance with sections 102(2)(a) and 103 of the Local Government Act 2002.
The purpose of this Policy is to set out how each of Council’s Activities is to be funded – that is, who pays for what, and why. The Policy outlines:
- Available funding mechanisms (e.g. rates, fees, borrowing, etc).
- Council’s funding considerations (i.e. the decision about how each Council Activity is to be funded and the process followed to reach that decision), including:
- Funding of operating costs (i.e. the funding mix Council has chosen for each Activity’s operating costs), and
- Funding of capital costs (i.e. the funding mix Council has chosen for each type of capital investment).
The Revenue and Financing Policy sets out Council’s decision about how each Activity is to be funded, and the thinking behind that decision. The application of this Policy is set out elsewhere:
- Rates charges and definitions are set out in the Funding Impact Statement.
- Fees and charges for all Activities are set out in the Fees & Charges Schedule.
- Development Contributions are set out in the Development Contributions Policy.
- Projected dollar revenues and costs for each Activity (and the Council as a whole) are set out in the Funding Impact Statement.