You can book a building inspection with the Council online below or by phoning the Inspections Support Team on 03 941 8222.
Ensure you have a clear timeline for your building work and book inspections in advance to avoid delays onsite.
- Inspections are carried out between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Consent documents are required on site and available (this may include hard copy or electronically readable). An inspection may not proceed if these are not provided.
- To provide us with the best opportunity for booking an inspection on your requested date, please submit this request at your earliest opportunity taking into consideration the above mentioned demand for inspections.
- Log fire inspections are always in high demand. Please book a log burner inspection by phoning our Inspections Support Team on 03 941 8222 or 0800 800 169.
- Christchurch City Council reserves the right, from time to time, to contact customers in regard to the services provided.
- If you wish to change or cancel your inspection, please call our Inspections Support Team on 03 941 8222. Cancellations must be made by 4pm the working day prior to your inspection taking place. The Council charges for cancellations made on the day for when the inspection is scheduled to take place.