The latest news on the Canterbury Multi-Use Arena (CMUA).
Latest update: Monday 23 November 2020
- The Three Waters works on Madras St remains on track. The key wastewater line will be completed by COB 27 November 2020 as scheduled and Madras will return to two lanes, although works will still continue on the street.
- Another team has been pulled in to expedite the works, complete them before Christmas and install new Vodafone pits.
- We’ve received and approved Vodafone’s fire main relocation quote. This work is expected to be complete before the Christmas break, which will allow the Cashel St water main to be decommissioned.
- The 185 Chairs art exhibition has been placed in a container and removed from the site. They will be reinstalled at St Luke’s in the City.
- The site fencing has been scoped, agreed with LINZ, and is being quoted. This will enable street lights to be removed.
- Orion is preparing to advance the decommissioning of its high-voltage works, with low-voltage works taking place next year once the site is fenced off for public safety.
- We’re consolidating the traffic management plan for the area and establishing new site access off Hereford St. Few vehicle movements are envisaged at this early stage of the programme.
- LINZ has accepted our road-stopping proposal for Cashel and Lichfield streets and will soon issue a formal public notice.
Note: With Cashel and Lichfield streets across the CMUA site now closed, it's recommended that traffic use the routes below.
Recent news and announcements