We are constructing transport projects in St Albans, Edgeware and Mairehau aimed at managing the expected traffic when the Christchurch Northern Corridor opens and improving connections for pedestrians and cyclists in the area.
Sign up for updates on traffic mitigation projects
The Christchurch Northern Corridor (CNC) is due to open in December 2020 and will help people travel to and from the north of Christchurch by extending the Northern Motorway from QEII Drive and Cranford Street, through to Innes Road.
Further information about this project is available on the NZ Transport Agency website(external link).
Construction is underway
Construction is now underway with work currently focused on the following areas:
- Cranford Street and Sherborne Street this includes the Cranford/Westminster intersection, the Cranford/Berwick intersection and installing new water mains between Berwick Street and Bealey Avenue. We are also doing significant work at the intersection of Sherborne Street and Bealey Avenue
- The intersection of Warrington Street and Barbadoes Street
- The intersection of Berwick Street and Forfar Street
- The intersection of Barbadoes Street and Edgeware Road
When travelling through the area we recommend sticking to the main roads such as Madras Street, Barbadoes Street and Hills Road where possible. We will be keeping traffic moving on these roads.
Thanks for your patience while we do this disruptive work. If you have any queries about the work please contact email@example.com.
What have we been working on?
- Work on the western side of the Westminster Street/Cranford Street intersection is complete and it is reopening.
- Kerb on the west side of Cranford SStreet between Berwick Street and Westminster Street, and just south of Dee Street.
- Ducting is finished at the Bealey Ave/Sherborne Street intersection and kerb has been poured on the northeast
- Asphalting at the parking bay outside Ris’tretto Café.
- Kerb laid on Edgeware between Packe Street and Barbadoes Street.
- Part of the road reconstruction on Malvern Street west of Cranford Street.
What's coming up?
- Road reconstruction at the Warrington Street/Barbadoes Street intersection.
- The footpath on the west side of Cranford Street south of Dee Street.
- Asphalting of one of the parking bays on Westminster Street intersection