Council, 25 February 1999
- That all future new connections, 40mm diameter or smaller, be fitted with dual non-testable check valves, and that the extra cost of these be incorporated into the connection charge.
- That all future new connections 50mm and larger be required to be fitted [with] an appropriate testable backflow prevention device and that this device be tested at least annually at the owner’s cost.
- That dual non testable check valves be retrospectively installed on existing connections up to 40mm in diameter as meters are required to be renewed, or when other major work is required to be undertaken on such connections.
- That a programme specifically to retrofit existing connections with back flow devices not be commenced at present but the issue be reviewed in two years’ time.
- That the survey of existing connections focus on large industrial and other industrial connections.