Climate change policy
Council, 26 April 1995
- That the Council acknowledge[s] that climate change is occurring and adopt[s] a precautionary approach when planning for future activities and works.
- That the Council when developing new policies and projects, take[s] into account the effects of climate change where this is appropriate. Policies that initiate or support activities that counter the causes and effects of those changes, are to be preferred.
- That the Council's response to climate change combine[s] the limitation and adaptation approaches.
- That the Council develop[s] transportation policies which serve to limit greenhouse gas emissions.
- That the Council support[s] ongoing monitoring of climate change indicators such as sea level rise, greenhouse gas emissions and carbon sinks.
- That the report "Impacts of Climate Change on Christchurch" be reviewed in 2008.