Council, 24 May 1995.
That the Council adopt and implement the Hillary Commission 'Winning Women Charter'. The aims of the charter are:
- Ensure that all women and girls have the opportunity to participate in sport, fitness and leisure in a safe and supportive environment which preserves the rights, dignity and respect of the individual;
- Increase the involvement of women in sport, fitness and leisure at all levels and in all functions and roles;
- Ensure that the knowledge, experiences and values of women contribute to the development of sport, fitness and leisure;
- Promote the recognition of women's involvement in sport, fitness and leisure as a contribution to public life, community development and in building a healthy nation;
- Promote the recognition by women of the intrinsic value of sport, fitness and leisure and its contribution to personal development and healthy lifestyles.