Council, 23 September 1998.
The Christchurch City Council is committed to proactively promoting equitable access for all children and their families/whanau to quality early childhood education in Christchurch. Priority will be given to the least advantaged and those with special needs or abilities.
- Improved services for children and their families/whanau through increased opportunities and choices for children and their families/whanau.
- Accessible early childhood education including cost, location and flexible hours.
- Enhanced child well-being and development.
- High level participation in efficient/effective early childhood education.
- Improving the position of the least advantaged and those with special needs or abilities.
- Meeting our communities' varying needs.
- Safe, healthy and supportive environments.
- Services that provide for cultural diversity.
- Partnerships with our community, funders and providers of early childhood education.
- children aged 0–6 years
- parents and caregivers
- people groups including ethnic and special interest groups
- metropolitan Christchurch
- local communities.
- financial assistance for not for profit Early Childhood Education Centres
- information and advice co-ordination
- monitoring and evaluation
- promoting awareness
- seeking community views.