Council, 28 October 1999.
- Footpaths exceeding 2.5m in width in residential areas shall be laid out with grass berms
- Footpaths of width 2.5m or less in residential areas shall be sealed full width
- In all commercial and industrial usage areas footpaths 3m or less in width shall be fully sealed
- Where high pedestrian traffic usage makes it very difficult to maintain a grassed berm, additional sealing shall be done by the Council
- In minor berm areas of 2m2 or less, situated between adjacent vehicle entrances or similar where it would be impracticable to form and maintain a grass berm the area shall be sealed provided that where the work is not part of full reconstruction or complete block resurfacing the cost shall be met by the resident
- Individual requests for removal of grit or sealed berm and replacement with grass be undertaken at Council's cost
- That this policy except item 6 be implemented in the following circumstances:
(i) When full reconstruction of a footpath is being undertaken
(ii) Where hotmix resurfacing of a path along an entire street block is being undertaken.