Our waterways are precious community resources that we need to protect for future generations.
Changes to our Community Outcomes and Strategic Priorities
The Council approved a new 2020 strategic framework on 19 December 2019 and this is currently part of the consultation document on the annual plan.
Information on our revised Community Outcomes and Strategic Priorities is currently being developed.
What this means
We would like the community to be more involved in water conservation and quality programmes, so we can better protect the quantity and quality of our water.
How we'll get there
- Work closely with river care groups to raise community awareness of improving waterways and sustainable water use.
- Establish an urban waterways research programme with the Waterways Centre for Freshwater Management.
- Complete the Integrated Water Strategy.
- Improve environmental outcomes through the implementation of stormwater management plans.
- Work with architects, developers and builders to optimise stormwater treatment and discharge and incorporate innovative outcomes.
- Further advocacy work to Government and community on copper-free brake pads.
- Secure status of water supply at most pump stations.