- Separated cycle lanes will connect existing cycleways on St Asaph Street and the east end of Ferry Road, at Fitzgerald Avenue. There will be a two-way cycleway on the south side of the road most of the way before splitting into one-way cycle lanes on either side of the street before it reaches Fitzgerald Avenue.
- The cycleway will be separated from vehicles by wave delineators, and a signalised cycle crossing will be provided where Ferry Road crosses Barbadoes Street.
- There will be additional opportunities for pedestrians to safely cross Ferry Road outside Catholic Cathedral College. These will link in with the improved parking layout for school pick-up and drop-off. The speed limit will be reduced to 30 km/h to make crossing the road safer.
- Two new bus stop islands will be constructed outside Ara, providing more waiting space for pedestrians.
- This space will include seating, planting and new street trees.
- The number of bus stops on the north side of Ferry Road, between Barbadoes Street and Fitzgerald Avene, will be reduced from two stops to a single mid-block stop.
- Ferry Road will become one-way to vehicles between Barbadoes Street and St Asaph Street where there is limited eastbound traffic. This is to provide more room for cycle and bus facilities. The speed limit will be reduced to 30km/h.
- On Ferry Road, between Barbadoes Street and Fitzgerald Avenue there are currently 51 parking spaces, comprising 25 P60 spaces, one P30 space and 25 unrestricted parking spaces (seven of which become P10 around school pick-up and drop-off times). These parking spaces will be reduced to 22 spaces that will be P3 for school pick-up and drop-off and P60 at all other times.
- On Ferry Road, five parking spaces between Barbadoes Street and St Asaph Street will be removed.
- Five unrestricted parking spaces along Barbadoes Street, south of the St Asaph Street intersection, will be changed to P5 parking spaces for school pick-up and drop-off to reduce congestion on Ferry Road at these times.
- Eight P60 parking spaces (1.30-3.30pm) will replace unrestricted parks on the south-west side of Fitzgerald Avenue, south of Ferry Road.