Let the Christchurch City Council know you have a new dog.
If needed, before you apply you can check your address is in part of the Christchurch City Council registration area.
- Submit this online registration form.
- We will contact you with a unique ID number and advise the registration fees(external link) due.
- Payment can be made online(external link), by calling 03 941 8999, by mail(external link) or at a Council service desk(external link).
- Once payment is received we will send you your registration disc, unless you elect to receive a strip tag instead.
Important: Your dog is not registered until you have paid your registration fee.
Statement for the Purpose of Principle 3 of the Privacy Act
- The information is being collected to enable the Council to maintain its dog register and records
- The intended user of the information is the Council's Regulatory Compliance Unit
- You have the right of access to and correction of any personal information held about you by the Council
- This information is held on the Council's dog register
- Supply of information from the dog register is strictly limited by Section 35 of the Dog Control Act 1996.