Akaroa Anglican Cemetery opened in 1857 and is reaching capacity.
The cemetery is now full except for burial in pre purchased plots or second interments. The cemetery is located on an area of flat to rolling hillside adjacent to the Garden of Tāne overlooking Akaroa Harbour. The cemetery is surrounded by dense native planting and exotic trees. There is a walking connection between Beach Road, the Garden of Tāne and the Akaroa Dissenters Cemetery and Akaroa Catholic Cemetery.
The cemetery has associations with early history and the local community. Graves are laid out in an informal grid pattern on a gentle slope with an interesting range of headstones including some carved Totara grave markers.