A multi-sensory environment is a relaxing space, which helps reduce stress levels and develop social skills.
The Southern Centre is for everyone, however, individuals who would most benefit are adults and children who have:
- Learning differences
- Cerebral palsy
- Multiple disabilities
- Anxiety or stress-related problems
The benefits of a multi-sensory environment
- promotes intellectual activity including memory recall
- encourages relaxation
- interactive equipment develops an understanding of cause and effect
- helps to develop language – encourages participants to make choices or indicate their preference
- promotes social skills and helps lower stress levels
- last, of all, it's a fun environment.