Our Swimsmart membership offers flexible payment options, quality instructors and unlimited access to our pools outside of lesson times to help your child be confident and safe in and around the water.
Become a Swimsmart member
You can sign up for a Swimsmart membership by visiting any Recreation and Sport Centre – Jellie Park(external link), Graham Condon(external link), Pioneer(external link) or Taiora: QEII (external link)or by calling 03 941 8999. (external link)
A Swimsmart membership offers multiple benefits:
- Up to 48 weeks of lessons per year including public and school holidays
- Unlimited access to our indoor and summer pools
- Flexible or fixed-term options
- The ability to freeze your membership for up to eight weeks per 12-month period
||Child under 3 years old. Includes a weekly lesson and unlimited pool access for one caregiver to accompany the child.
||Child 3 to 5 years old. Includes a weekly lesson and unlimited pool access for one caregiver to accompany the child.
||Child 5 to 16 years old. Includes a weekly lesson and unlimited pool access for the child.
- Memberships are assigned per child; each child in your family needs to have their own membership
- Swimsmart school holiday programmes are not included in the membership but can be purchased in addition to your membership
- Before joining Swimsmart a five to 10-minute swim assessment will be completed to ensure your child begins swimming at the correct level
- A swim assessment is not required for pre-schoolers
- Grading will occur on an ongoing basis so your child progresses through levels as soon as they are ready
- Community service, KiwiAble and Hapai cardholders are entitled to a 25% discount on all Swimsmart memberships on presentation of a valid community services card