- No vehicles are permitted beyond the public carpark.
- No amplified sound or music unless authorisation is sought and approval given.
- All ceremonies are limited to 12 chairs and a small signing table only.
- No decorations, balloons, rice, birdseed or confetti are allowed.
- All people (includes photographers) must keep to the pathways and lawn areas and must not stand on or among any of the plant collections.
- Items must not be attached to trees, buildings or other fixed structures.
- Marquees and other structures (including free standing umbrellas) are not permitted.
- At the Botanic Gardens, no photographs are to be taken in the Conservatories, the central Rose Garden or other sites in the Gardens which have been booked for other wedding ceremonies.
- At Mona Vale, no photographs are to be taken in the Fernery, Rose Garden, Bath House or other sites in Mona Vale which have been booked by other wedding ceremonies.
- Christchurch City Council bylaws apply across the the Botanic Gardens and Mona Vale under all conditions.
- We advise all wedding and civil union ceremony and photo session parties to book alternative back-up wet weather venues.
- Please note that as the Botanic Gardens and Mona Vale are public gardens, no part may be hired exclusively.
- As a site hirer or user, the organiser should be aware that other non-related activities may be occurring in or in close proximity to the booked area during your period of use.
- Botanic Gardens and Mona Vale staff aim for a high standard within the grounds. However, sometimes there may be maintenance work within or close by the areas booked.
- Last minute bookings may mean that the area booked might not have been recently maintained.
- If your event is cancelled due to bad weather you must call us on (03) 941 8999 the next working day to let us know. We can either re-book, cancel the invoice or refund if payment has already been made. If you do not contact us by the next working day you will not be able to get a refund.
- The Christchurch City Council also reserves the right to cancel any bookings due to circumstances beyond its control. In the event of severe weather conditions – particularly high winds, the Botanic Gardens or Mona Vale may be closed at short notice.
Phone (03) 941 8999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.