Dawn Parade and ANZAC Service – Cranmer Square
This event is organised by the Canterbury Branch of the Malayan Veterans Association in conjunction with the Christchurch Branch of the Royal New Zealand Returned and Services Association (RSA) and Christchurch City Council.
- 6am - 6.15am people gather
- 6.15am the parade begins
*Please avoid bringing a bag if possible to reduce delays getting into the event area.
The following roads will be closed:
- Armagh Street from Durham Street to Park Terrace
- Cranmer Square from Armagh Street to Kilmore Street
- Chester Street West from Park Terrace to Cranmer Square
- Kilmore Street from Durham Street to Park Terrace
- Montreal Street from Gloucester Street to Kilmore Street
Approaches to Cranmer Square will be closed from 4.30am. You can find detailed information about road closures on the NZTA website.
If you are travelling through the area between 4:30 and 7:30am on Thursday morning please use Madras St for northbound travel through the city.
On-street metered parking will be free due to it being a public holiday.
Buses will run all day according to normal Saturday timetables.
Citizens' Service – Transitional Cathedral, Latimer Square
Organised by Christchurch City Council in conjunction with Christchurch Cathedral and the RSA. It will be attended by representatives of the Defence Force, Consular Corps and various Christchurch youth groups.
9.45am please take your seats
10am service commences