Proudly produced by Christchurch City Council, Matariki Fireworks Spectacular will deliver a cracker fireworks display set to sweet-as Kiwi hits.
Enjoy local kai at New Brighton Mall from 5pm, then Kapa Haka, fire and aerial performers from 6.30pm. Nek minnit, bowl round to the Pier and watch Ōtautahi-Christchurch skies light up between 7pm to 7.30pm.
Stace, Anika and Dave from The Hits will be there to emcee the event, chur!
If you can't make it or are watching from the hills, tune in to 97.7FM from 7pm to listen to Kiwi bangers synched to the fireworks.
Plan your journey
- We’re expecting heaps of punters so plan your journey ahead of time.
- Road closures start from 4pm and on-street parking will be limited. Check our map below to learn more.
- The quickest way in and out of New Brighton will be by bus, so hop aboard the best pick-up line in town! Cruise over to catch event dedicated services leaving from Eastgate Shopping Centre, the University of Canterbury campus, Merivale and The Palms (New Brighton Road) from 5pm (normal fares apply).
- Plus, return fares from New Brighton's Oram Avenue on Routes 5 and 60 and the event services will be free from 7.30pm to 8pm.
- If you're coming for a feed, bring cash as not all food vendors will have EFTPOS.
- This is an alcohol-free and smoke-free event.
- No drones flown at or near the event.
- No private fireworks – including sparklers – our display will be epic enough.
- Loud noises can be scary for dogs. Do your fur friends a big favour and leave them at home.
Our postponement date is Sunday 11 July.
Matariki Fireworks Spectacular road closure map
Thanks to The Hits, the official radio station of Matariki Fireworks Spectacular.
Ko te tumanako ka kite koe i reira.