Led by David Milne this intermediate course covers a range of topics from weeds to botany. Among other things, the practical session includes building a compost heap.
- Thursday 3 June: Weeds and control methods
- Thursday 10 June: composting
- Thursday 17 June: Plant classification
- Thursday 24 June: Soils and botany
- Thursday 1 July: Plant propagation
- Saturday date to be confirmed: Practical
Dave Milne is a qualified horticulturalist from Scotland where he worked for several private estates covering all aspects of design, planting and maintenance of soft and hard landscapes. He also worked for 7 years in the Royal Botanic Garden in Edinburgh (RGB) where he began lecturing in horticulture.
After working in the horticulture industry in Christchurch for a number of years he became a full-time tutor with Agribusiness. David is currently Head Gardener at Golden Health Care Group.