Escape to picturesque Akaroa and immerse yourself in French culture, entertainment and romance as you celebrate Akaroa’s unique history (French, German and Maori) at the Akaroa French Fest. Settle in on Friday evening and relax with seaside dining. Watch the street come alive with entertainment and music. On Saturday enjoy the living history reenactment on the main beach, the parade, official flag raising, market stalls and activities. On Saturday evening there is a ticketed cabaret and on Sunday enjoy events at Onuku Marae.
Friday 6 October
- 6pm-10pm - Friday Night Street Party
Saturday 7 October
- 8:45am - 10:30am - The Landing Reenactment
- Approx 10:45am - The Parade
- 11am - Official Speeches & Flag Raising
- 11am - 5pm - Market Day
- Midday - 12.30pm - Akaroa Cooking School cooking demonstration.
- Midday - 12.45pm. Geology Walk to Childrens Bay with Dr Sam Hampton
- 2pm - Waiter’s Races
- 2:30pm - Ca Bouge Fashion Parade
- 3pm - Cock Crowing Competition
- 7pm - 10:30pm - Le Cabaret Renault.
Sunday 8 October
- 11am-3pm - Whanau Day at Onuku Marae.