Dress up in your best movie-star glam, bring your whānau and join us for a star-studded pyrotechnic display set to Hollywood Blockbuster tunes! Head to New Brighton Mall from 6pm and soak up the Tinseltown atmosphere with delicious local food and live music from The Curio Club. You’ll have heaps of selfie opportunities with our Walk of Fame, searchlights and even a few A-listers in the crowd!
Stick around as Firework Professionals show off their Special FX on the Pier from 9pm with fireworks lighting up the sky soon after. We’re expecting a chartbusting crowd so please remember to plan your journey ahead of time.
Save the date!
Best places to view the fireworks?
- Central New Brighton, either side of the Pier.
- North Beach or South Beach Surf Life Saving Clubs.
- The hills around Pegasus Bay. We’ll have more details on how to tune into the live broadcast soon!
Catching the bus is going to be the quickest way in and out of New Brighton. We’ve made it easy for everyone to park at Eastgate Mall and will have our team onsite to help direct you across Pages Road to hop on the Yellow Line. Plus, anyone wanting to catch the bus home afterwards can do so for FREE! Just hop on board and you’ll be given a free ticket for that bus and any other bus you need to transfer to, to get home (normal fares apply getting there). There will be extra buses running on the Yellow Line and route 60 on the night. To catch these head to Beresford Street straight after the event. The last scheduled regular bus leaves at 11:15pm. Get the latest event updates here or look up your bus route here.
Temporary road access changes
To help things run smoothly, some temporary road closures will be in place from 5pm to midnight:
- Owles Terrace from Pages Road to Union Street
- Marine Parade from Hawke Street to Hood Street
- Oram Avenue from Seaview to Hood Street
- Seaview Road from Pages Road to Marine Parade
- Hardy Street from Seaview Road to Collingwood Street
- Beresford Street from Owles Terrace to Marine Parade
- Collingwood Street from Owles Terrace to Union Street
- Union Street from Brighton Mall to Hood Street
- Ida St - Entire length
- Mafeking St - Entire length
No vehicle movement will be allowed within the temporary closure area.
Parking will be available for $5 per vehicle at Thomson Park. Mobility car parking (with an official mobility pass) will be available in the South Car Park.
The below will be no parking zones between 5pm - midnight:
- Hawke Street from Shaw Avenue to Marine Parade
- Marine Parade from Hawke Street to Lonsdale Street
The first rule of fireworks is to leave fireworks to the experts! Please leave your own fireworks at home. This includes sparklers which pose a fire risk to our dunes.
We want it to be a night to remember, so this is an alcohol-free event.
St John will have staff and ambulances located outside the library and beach surrounds.
We’re committed to reducing our environmental impact. Here are some of the things we’re doing:
- All official food vendors will serve their yummy meals in compostable packaging. So, with the help of Total Waste Solutions, we’ll be able to compost and recycle as much waste as possible instead of sending it to landfill.
- Firework Professionals recycle all cardboard and copper they use and minimise the use of plastic.
- We need your support, too. Most carbon emissions will come from cars travelling to and from the event. You can help by using public transport provided, cycling or carpooling. You can also protect our beach and its wildlife by taking your rubbish and recycling home with you or disposing of it in the bins provided.
Finally, let’s hear it for Treetech! This is their 11th year sponsoring our epic annual fireworks event. Thanks for everything you do guys, we appreciate it!