One of Christchurch's most loved events returns to Hagley Park for its 35th year.
Featuring the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra under the baton of Kenneth Young, the programme features popular pieces from In the Hall of the Mountain King by Grieg to The Superman March by Williams.
The event will conclude at 9:30pm with a dazzling fireworks display to the 1812 Overture.
We are thrilled to announce St John back as our charity partner, their collectors will be in the venue on the night.
This event is weather dependent, postponement date is Sunday 18 February.
- There will be no public car parking available on Hagley Park. The Botanic Gardens Armagh Street car park will be closed to incoming traffic from 3pm on Saturday 17 February, with the exception of mobility card holders.
- Parking is not permitted on any part of Cranmer Square.
- Drop-off zones will be located on Park Terrace and Harper Ave.
- There will be cycle stands available at North Hagley Park, Events Triangle (roundabout area after Armagh St bridge) and on the northern end of the event area.
- For all travel options please visit the NZ Transport Agency website to help you plan your journey.
- Mobility parking is available in the Botanic Gardens car park via the Armagh Street Bridge. Please note the entrance will be left-turn only from 3pm. A mobility pass must be visible.
- Accessible seating is located in front of the stage, look out for signage.
Sparks 2018 is proud to be part of the Composting Food Packaging at Events Trial 2.0. Please help us to become a zero waste event.