The KiwiAble programme works in the following areas:
- facilitates the KiwiAble Recreation Network, a network of disability organisations, individuals with disabilities, service providers - anyone interested in the area of sport, recreation, the Arts and leisure.
- delivers disability awareness training in association with established partners to Council Leisure facilities, Council Holiday programme staff and some Council Units
- contributes to plans, developments of barrier free opportunities within Council
- offers advice on sport, recreation and leisure options for people with disabilities
- develops services in response to identified needs
- promotes the concept of an inclusive community
- advocacy support
- promotes equity and inclusion
- administers the KiwiAble leisure card.