On reserve at Taylor's Mistake end of Scarborough Park.
Concrete and stone clock tower with four faces. Donated to the Borough of Sumner by R F Green. Foundation stone laid 14 December 1934 by Borough Mayor, W H Nichollson. Incorporates two black marble plaques. Plaque reads: 'W.H. Nicholson Mayor Councillors H.W. Hams G.F. Allen A. Holden H.E. Kennett D.F. Oldridge J.E. Tait C. Hart H.L. Wiggins J.F.Menzies Town Clerk G.E. Harper Borough Engineer A.A. Chesire Electrical Engineer.'
This clock and tower were donated to the Borough of Sumner by Richard Edward Green, to perpetuate the name of his father Edmund Green. A Canterbury pioneer who arrived in Christchurch on 4 August 1859 to install the telegraph system over this island the first in New Zealand. His son, the donor, was born in Staffordshire, England, on 14 December 1852, and came to Christchurch with his parents in the ship Mary Ann.