For those who don’t bring their own radios, a sound-system will be installed to provide perfect acoustics for 70 metres on either side of New Brighton Pier.
Food trucks will be onsite from 5pm.
Revellers are encouraged to arrive early and find a vantage point on the beach. Crowds are asked to leave their own fireworks at home and to be mindful of New Brighton’s alcohol ban.
We suggest taking public transport to the event. Check bus information here. (external link)
For those driving to the event, there will only be on-street parking available. Pages Road is currently one-way westbound between Anzac Drive and Breezes Road, and New Brighton Road is closed between Palmers Road and Baker Street.
The best approaches to New Brighton on the day will be via Dyers Road from the south, Wainoni Road from the west and QEII Drive and Burwood Road from the north.
Road Closures (6pm–midnight, Saturday 5 November 2016)
- Marine Parade From Hawke Street to Hood Street
- Oram Avenue From Beresford Street to Hood Street
- Brighton Mall Entire Length
- Beresford Street Entire Length
- Hardy Street From Collingwood Street to Seaview Road
- Hood Street Union Street to Oram Avenue
- Ida Street Entire Length
- Union Street Owles Terrace to Beresford Street
- Seaview Rd Hardy Street to Brighton Mall
There is parking available at Thompson Park (off Marine Parade) for a gold coin donation upon entry. On-street parking is permitted outside the road closures.
Access for disabled parking is in the South Ramp car park.
The rain date is Sunday 6 November.