The objectives of the fund are to invest in initiatives which contribute to community resilience through meeting the following criteria:
- Build community connection and activation
- Are community-led and build on existing community strengths and reflect local context
- Strengthen the capacity and capability of communities
- Create collaborative ways of working
- Encourage innovation and creativity and encourage and enable social enterprise
- Remove barriers to participation and resilience.
Note: Funding cannot be used for: specialised mental health services or services to individuals; universal health promotion activities that replicate the "All Right" campaign and projects that are considered to be the primary responsibility of a Council, a central government agency or another agency.